December 11, 2008

Time flies!

It has been a few days since I last posted but I have been so busy around the house and at work. My mom's side of the family's Christmas is this Sunday. She and my aunt (mom's sister) take turns hosting and since it is mom's turn to host and they are still in the trailer while waiting to build their house, we are actually having it at my house. I will have approximately 33 people at my house on Sunday. Nine of those are under 10 years old! It is always crazy and hectic but so much fun!

I have finished all of my inside Christmas decorating except for the guest bathroom. I can't quite decide what I want to do in there. I have seen a few pictures where they hang wreaths on the inside of the house over a window and I really like that idea. It is simple but still pretty. I may work on a wreath for that tonight. Buck and I worked on the front porch last night and I am almost finished with it. I just have to finish the wreath that hangs on a double window on my porch (like the fall one in the pictures of the fall decor). I started on it last night and have everything planned out and put where I want it so tonight I just have to glue everything in. I also have to buy some garland to hang around the door when I go shopping tomorrow. I had garland previously but I changed all of my decor that had lights from color lights to white lights.

I am hoping to finish those projects and get most of the house cleaned tonight. I am not doing floors (sweeping, moping, etc) until Saturday because the weather has been wet and nasty and with a husband and two dogs, I would just have to do it twice. I can at least get the bathrooms cleaned, rugs washed and everything dusted tonight so I can begin baking when I get finished shopping tomorrow.

I am working on my lists now for everything to be finished by tomorrow and then my list for shopping so maybe I can stay on track and not be rushed! If all goes as planned then Saturday should be just simply finishing up food items and setting up all the tables and chairs and all the little things like that.

I hope to finish up a couple rooms and take some pictures tonight so I will post more when I get another break!

No comments: