January 28, 2009

7w1d

My first OB appointment was today. It was a long but exciting day at the doctor's office for us. We started out waiting for an hour before being called back and then we met with a couple of different nurses about insurance, medical history, etc. After that, I went in to be examined by the doctor. Then we were sent downstairs to the lab. Anyone that knows me knows that I have an extreme fear of needles and freak out whenever I know I have to get stuck. I can handle (sometimes) the prick in the finger but when they actually have to go in and find a vein...not so much! As usual, I told the nurse that is pretty impossible to find a vein in my arm and she would have better luck in my hand but since I am not a nurse, she pretty much ignored me. After poking me in the arm and missing, another nurse came in and got it from the top of my hand. The next thing I remember is waking up and there was another older nurse in there and some guy from the lab giving me orange juice and wet paper towels. Buck told me I passed out and they pulled the help chain. I told them I didn’t do well with needles! After all of that, we went back upstairs and got to see our baby. We got to hear the heartbeat which was amazing. It was 133 beats per minute. Buck just grinned the whole time. Actually he started grinning on January 20 when I told him I was pregnant and hasn’t stopped yet. It is pretty cute!

We got a few pictures but the baby is not much bigger than a blueberry right now. Right now the doctor said everything was on track and looked good. My due date is September 16 by the doctor and the ultrasound measured it to be September 15. Either way it is going to be a long HOT summer! I go back in four weeks on February 25 for my next checkup.

No comments: