January 7, 2009

Long week!

I know it is only Wednesday but this has been the longest week ever. I had almost two weeks off for the Christmas/New Years holidays and this is my first full week back to work. It has been so long already!

I worked last Friday, Saturday and Sunday at the flower shop with mom getting things cleaned up and organized for Valentine's day. The day after Christmas we have to take all of the decorations down and start preparing for Valentine's day. We always use this time to kind of "spring clean" the shop. It helps to have everything totally cleaned, regrouped and in order before the weeks leading up to Valentine's day. It gets really hectic.

In addition to all of that, I somehow have to find the time to finish taking down my Christmas decorations at home. I have gotten a lot done but all the boxes are just sitting in our extra den waiting to be finished up and packed away for another year. I like to take everything down and repack it grouped by room instead of just throwing in into a box. It makes it so much easier to put back up the next year. I also spring clean my house after taking down Christmas. It makes January much more tolerable because the house always looks so empty after taking down Christmas decorations and a good deep cleaning at least makes it feel better around here. Then closer to the end of January I get to decorate for Valentine's day at home! I am wanting to do a new wreath for my porch and something to go by my front door but not really sure yet. I am still looking for some ideas.

Oh well, I am off to balance the checkbooks and such...what fun I have on the week nights!

No comments: