July 18, 2009

Childbirth Class

Today Buck and I attended a childbirth class. I felt it was very informative. I don't think Buck was as thrilled about attending but he was so good about it and I think he actually learned a thing or two! We couldn't do the weekly classes because they are only offered on Tuesday nights and because of the cattle sale on Tuesdays that is the one night a week Buck can't go so we decided to do the Saturday morning class. The class was from 9am until 12:30pm. It wasn't one of those classes where you learn breathing techniques and all that. It was more a "what is going to happen" class. They went through all the stages of labor and told us exactly what would happen and in what order. I am a planner so I loved learning exactly what would happen. I feel much more comfortable now. The only thing I am really freaked about is the epidural. That thing scares the hell out of me. I can handle the rest. Everyone has assured me though that I will not even care about that needle when I get to the point of needing it. I just hope they are right. We also got to tour the hospital and see all the different rooms and the well baby nursery and the NICU. At my hospital I will get one room for labor, delivery and recovery and then I will get moved to another room for the rest of the stay. I am very pleased with the hospital and all of the staff has been super nice. Today definitely made everything more real and I am getting so excited about finally having our baby!

1 comment: