September 30, 2008

Time flies...

Well it has been a while since I posted anything. I have been so busy at work. This time of the year is my busiest and I usually stay stressed out. I am slowly learning to take it one day at a time. I have to keep telling myself that I am only one person and I can only do so much.

I did manage to clean my entire house this past week so at least it is nice when I get home. I have a couple of things coming up that I am working on including a baby shower that I am co-hosting for one of my best friends, but I will write more about all of that later.

Tonight I have been looking up ideas for a cake that I have to do for Friday. It is my nephew's birthday. If you take a cake on their birthday to the school, the class gets to have a small birthday party. He likes skateboarding and so I am going to attempt to do a skateboard cake. I will post some pictures when I get done with it.

I have been doing cakes for a couple of years now. I really enjoy it. My mom has baked cakes all my life. A couple of years ago I started playing around with decorating them myself. I have enjoyed learning all the different techniques and things. I have done several now on my own and am rather proud of them. I thought I would post a few of my favorites!

_______________________

This is the very first cake I did all on my own.
It was for a baby shower.

This one was for a friend's high school graduation party.
I did it in her school colors.

This was for a birthday.
He is a big Dale, Jr. fan!

This was another birthday last year.
Tinkerbell was a lot of fun but a lot of work
because of all the colors I had to use.

This was a birthday cake. I have actually done this one twice now.

This was for my other nephew's birthday this year.

This is another one of my absolute favorites. It was for my brother's graduation from the University of Alabama this year.


No comments: