November 20, 2008

Gone With the Wind...Christmas style!

I thought I would show this tree first. I collect Gone With the Wind memorabilia. I love the movie and I love Scarlett O'Hara. But then again, what girl raised in the South doesn't dream of being Miss Katie Scarlett? I have been collecting GWTW ornaments for a long as I can remember and this year decided that I wanted to move them from the main tree in our den to a tree of their very own. I put it up in the guestroom for two reasons. One, I have my GWTW movie poster hung in there and all of my collectibles are in the armoire you see in the picture below. Two, this room is closed off so I don't have to worry about the dogs or small hands getting to close to the tree and breaking any of the ornaments! I counted as I was hanging and currently I have 46 ornaments. I went with the gold shear bow on top because any color ribbon I tried to use took away from the pretty colors in the ornaments.




No comments: