June 5, 2009

Show Us Where You Live


This week is the home office on Kelly's tour. I just recently finished making this room my office in the whole turnover we did making room for the nursery. This room is very small and was once a sunroom off of the den (that is why there are floor to ceiling curtains because of all the windows). We have never used this room for anything more than storage and a plant room during the winter so this space was perfect for the office. Mom and I painted everything and I put down some vinyl tile for the floor (it was just concrete floor with awful indoor/outdoor carpet that was very smelly and stained). Most of my office furniture fit and I even was able to put an armoire in to house everything that once lived in our old office closet.

This is coming in the door from the den. Ignore the ugly ceiling fan. I have a new one put together and waiting along with the nursery fan to be put up when my dad comes back down.

This is the side of the door you see from inside the office. I keep the big family calendar here and also any notes for upcoming cakes I am doing or parties I am helping to host.

This is my desk. My dad helped me make this desk out of an old door. We put some trim molding around the edge and I painted it all black and then put it on two black filing cabinets. I use the side with the hole for the door handle in the back for all the wires to go down and hide behind the desk. I love my desk because I wanted a big workspace but could not afford to buy a desk this large. I ended up spending less than $100 for the trim, paint and filing cabinets. The door was free! There is a little black bookcase I keep under the desk to store all my spray paint and paints for big projects like painting furniture. I also keep samples of all the room colors of the house for any touch ups I need to do.



I put this little table in here to have space to spread out for any art projects or scrapbooking so that I don't have to clear off the desk every time I need to work. It usually houses whatever project I am currently working on.

This is my armoire that used to live in the guest bedroom. I decided to use it in here when we moved everything around because I didn't have a closet and needed somewhere for all my office and art supplies to live.

Here is the inside and yes I am a little OCD about my closets and cabinets being organized and labeled!

This is my baby, Kurdt, and this is where he stays when I am in the office. He loves to look out the windows. The only thing is now I have to clean those windows weekly to wipe all the nose prints off!

5 comments:

Jane and Seth Dunne said...

Woah! I didn't know someone could be as OCD as me and you might just be a little more!!! HAHA!

Stefanie said...

Yeah I get picked on a lot! All my closets and cabinets look like that! lol

Dana said...

I love how you did your new office. I can't wait to come by and see everything so far! I love the pic of Kurdt.

Chris & Kristy said...

I wish I was that organized. I love the color's of Sila's room. We used Green, blud and brown for the boys room. I also love you hanging for the hospital door. It is all so cute. I can't wait to see more pics.

Stefanie said...

Thanks! I am just kind of waiting now for all the stuff to come in that I have ordered! I am about to go crazy wanting it to get here!