June 3, 2009

25w appt and the bedding hunt continues....

Yesterday was my regular OB checkup and it was also the visit where I had to have my glucose test done. I was so nervous about it but I passed...barely! I had to drink some orange stuff that tasted just like a very sweet orange soda and then wait for a hour and have my finger pricked. I had to score a 139 or lower to pass. I scored a 139! I am so glad I do not have to go back and have the 3 hour test done and get stuck a bunch of times. I was actually more nervous about getting stuck than I was about the test results. I had gained just two pounds since my last visit. I am actually very happy with the weight I have put on. I was worried that I would blow up and just gain like crazy but so far so good. Silas measured at 25 cm which is right on track with me being 25 weeks along. His heartbeat was 147. My blood pressure and urine and all of that was normal and the doctor was happy with everything. The only problem was my iron. It is a little low. It was at 9.9 and the nurse said they like it to be around 11 or higher so she gave me some iron pills to take until I come back for my next appointment to see if that helps get it up around where they want it. Apparently right now my prenatal vitamins just aren't enough. He wants me to start coming every three weeks now and my next visit will be June 24th. We are also having the 4D ultrasound done that day. I can not wait to see him!

After we left the doctor, mom and I ran some errands and our first stop was Baby Bundles. I ordered the furniture and looked at bedding AGAIN! (We went to so many stores this past weekend and I still didn't find bedding I liked!) I settled on two patterns and decided that when Buck got home last night I was just going to let him look at them and pick the one he liked the best and just order that one. They were still not what I wanted but I was getting so tired of looking and worrying over it. After we ran errands and went to mom's eye doctor appointment that afternoon we headed home. We went to eat Mexican when we got back into town and then I finally headed home to get on the couch. It was a long day and I was so tired. After I got home, I got on the computer and mom sent me a message with a website. I started looking and they had my bedding!!!!! It is the exact colors I want and the great thing is I can totally customize it and pick what fabrics go where! The funny thing is, after looking at every store we could find and looking at website after website, this place is in Mobile, Alabama! They are called Polka Tot Designs and you can click here to go the the website. I could not be happier now that I finally have the perfect bedding. I am posting some pictures of the fabric samples that are coming this week. I already have the style of the bumper and skirt picked out but I just have to decide what fabrics are going where.




4 comments:

Jane and Seth Dunne said...

Several of my friends have been VERY pleased with Polka Tot Designs and there is another lady in Fairhope that owns JavisDavis.com that is good too...since you are going for that look.

Stefanie said...

I just wish I had found Polka Tot Designs earlier. I love their fabrics and the people are super nice!

Jane and Seth Dunne said...

Do you have to come down here to meet with them?? I wish I had of known...I would have told you about them alot sooner and saved you the headache!!

Stefanie said...

No they sent me samples so I could see the materials in person and I can do it all either online or over the phone with them and then they will ship it to me. Which is a good thing because I don't have much longer to travel that far...