October 11, 2008

Day Off

For the past several weeks, Saturdays have mostly been consumed with watching Alabama football. They have an off week today and I am not quite sure what to do with myself! I have a couple of recipes I have been wanting to test out. I will more than likely spend the rest of the afternoon in the kitchen.

My husband works at a stockyard and several of the people he works with have children. I always send some kind of goodies with him to work on holidays for the kids. I thought for Halloween this year I would bake something instead of the containers full of candy like I usually do. My mom bought me some cute Halloween cookie cutters because she knows how much I love Halloween. I think this afternoon I am going to test them out by making some sugar cookies and using the poured icing recipe that I have been wanting to make. If they are easy enough I will probably make them for the kids and wrap them up for the kids treats.

No comments: