October 20, 2008

Our First Wedding Anniversary

My one year wedding anniversary is coming up on October 27, 2008. We have been husband and wife for one whole year! It is funny because I feel as though we have been married forever. That may be because, although we have only been married for a year, we have actually been dating for ten years. Nothing like taking it slow and making sure you are with the right one before marriage, right? Anyway, I have been trying to think of something to do for our anniversary. I really wanted us to stick with the traditional list and come up with something creative. Well I finally figured it out!

My husband is a Nirvana/Kurt Cobain fanatic. I have over the years bought him various gifts, such as CD's, posters, t-shirts and even a certified autographed CD cover insert signed by Kurt Cobain himself. For his birthday one year I got on ebay and found every CD put out by Nirvana. I ordered them all so he would have one complete set of their CD's that were still in their packaging.

Today I was thinking about our anniversary again since we are just a week away. The one year gift is paper. Well of course I am pretty sure my husband will probably give me money or a card. He is not so good at the gift giving. He would rather give me money and let me go shopping and pick out something I really like. But, I digress. I mean, sure, he could surprise me with a present, but I'm not exactly holding my breath. As I was searching around on ebay, I finally figured out how to buy him something he would love and also stick with the traditional one year anniversary gift.

I have bid on and won three magazines from the year Kurt Cobain died. They all have Kurt Cobain on the cover and several pictures and articles about him inside. I also found a painting of Kurt. All four items fall in the paper category and they will be something he will truly love. I can not wait for them to come in. I just hope they make it here before next Monday!

No comments: