May 29, 2009

Show Us Where You Live


This week Kelly is doing children's rooms and nurseries. Since I don't have Silas' room finished I thought I would just post some pictures of the items that I know for sure will be going into the room. I posted about his closet and painting his room here. You can see the wall color in some of the pictures. I will post better pictures of the walls once his furniture comes in. I have been on the search for bedding and I am getting beyond frustrated because I have in mind certain colors I want to use and pretty much have the whole bedroom planned out but I can not find any bedding with those colors. I am pretty stubborn once I have my mind set on something so I hope I can find something I want and not have to settle. We are going to my brother's house this weekend and Monday on our way home we are going to Babies-R-Us for me to register and I am hoping to find something there or either some pieces and I can put together to make a set. We will see!

Here are some pictures of his furniture. I hope to have it ordered by next week. It is made by Bonavita and it is the Metro style. I first saw it several months ago in Baby Bundles in Northport and fell in love. I am going to order the set in Chocolate which is a really dark brown (some pieces in the pictures look black but it is not that dark in person). I think it will look perfect against the green walls. We are also going ahead and ordering the rails to make it a full size bed for when he gets bigger. I ordered the nightstand to use by my glider for now and it will later on be used by his bed when we convert the crib. My mom gave me a glider and I am painting it a dark brown and recovering it in a tan material. I am hoping to start on that project this next weekend. I am using the dresser as my changing table. I am a little weird I guess in the fact that I don't like baby furniture to look like baby furniture so I didn't want a separate changing table. Over the dresser I have a pair of Buck's overalls that he wore as a child that I am having framed and then will have floating shelves to hold pictures and other small items. All in all I have the complete room pictured in my head and now I just have to get it done!



No comments: