May 11, 2009

Mother's Day Weekend

All I can say is today I am completely exhausted! We had quite a busy weekend. Starting with Thursday night, Buck woke up in the middle of the night with some kind of flu virus/stomach bug. Friday was an extra long day because I didn't get much sleep. Buck stayed in the bed all day Friday so when I got home from work I had to start nursing him with medicine, powerade and chicken noodle soup. Laramie came home Friday night so I got to visit with him for a little while before I finally crashed Friday night. Saturday was just as long because I had to go to the flower shop at 7am and start working on presentation bouquets for the ballet recital at Southern Academy. I worked all day at the shop and then went home around 3pm to start cleaning house. I had to go back to shop with mom around 5:30pm and make a few more deliveries then we went off to the grocery store to get all of the food for our Mother's Day gathering on Sunday. Buck still didn't get out of the bed all day Saturday so I had to take care of him and get the house and yard ready for about 24 people coming on Sunday.

Yesterday was so much fun. I got up early to make a butterfinger cake and finish up cleaning the house and yard. Family starting arriving around 2:30pm or so and we starting cooking the crawfish and playing with the kids. The weather turned out perfect because it was a little overcast which kept it from being too hot. We all sat outside and just enjoyed being together. I can not wait until Silas gets here and is big enough to play with all of his cousins! I hope to get the camera from mom tonight and post a few pictures.

I also got my first Mother's Day cards. My mother-in-law sent me a sweet card in the mail. My brother gave me a gift card to Babys-R-Us and had a sweet note with it. It made me cry. Yesterday afternoon, even though Buck has been sick for the past three days, he got me a card that was really sweet too! I can't wait to celebrate Mother's Day next year when Silas is actually here!

No comments: