May 27, 2009

Where does the time go???

I missed Kelly's house tour this past week. It was the dining room and right now our dining room and the den attached are where all my projects and things I need to go through are stored so those rooms are a mess! This past weekend mom and I painted the nursery (yes it was well ventilated and I didn't inhale anything I wasn't supposed too!) and started working on getting the room ready for when the furniture comes in. I got the closet completely cleaned out and mom and I went to Lowe's on Sunday to buy a whole new system for the nursery closet. I wanted more than just a shelf and one rod so I bought a system where I could put three shelves total and a rod and they are all adjustable. We got all of that installed and I even bought all the canvas baskets for the shelves. I also got a new ceiling fan for the room and it is put together and just waiting on my daddy to come down and install. I posted some pics below of the room and closet before and after.





I promise I don't dress like this but these are my paint clothes! My momma made me take a picture of me working on Silas' room!

These pictures don't really do justice to the wall color. The color is beautiful and exactly what I wanted. This weekend mom and I are going to visit my brother and on our way home we are spending the day in Birmingham. We plan on going to a couple of baby stores and then to a fabric store to pick out the fabric for his bedding. I will post pictures when I get something picked out!

No comments: