May 1, 2009

Show Us Where You Live

One of my favorite blogs is Kelly's Korner. Kelly has started home tours and on Friday she picks a room to tour. This week is the kitchen so I thought I would join in...


This is the door that we come in and out of everyday. This door leads to a small porch and then our carport. It is also where I hang my purse and keys everyday. The small wooden bowl is for Buck's keys, wallet, etc.

This is the start of my kitchen and working around to the left. The kitchen is long and it is hard to take a picture of all of the kitchen at one time so I have to take several shots around the room.

The door you see there leads into the den. Before Buck and I bought this house we lived in a trailer. I have to say the one thing I truly miss about that trailer was the den being open to the kitchen.

The curtain you see there leads to a small opening before you get to the door that leads to the backyard. The owners before had their washer and dryer in that small hole but I had a laundry room put in elsewhere in the house. It is currently used to house a second fridge and our pantry.

Do you see all of those invites on the fridge?!?! Four high school graduations, two weddings and two wedding showers! All in the next couple of weeks!

Finally we have made it all the way around the kitchen. There are two closets in my kitchen, which I love! The one on the left holds all my serving dishes and cake decorating items. The one on the right holds all my paper goods, small coolers, dog food and treats and the hot water heater. To the left of the mirror with the hooks and the shoe tray is the door where we started. Notice the cowboy boots! Always a pair by the door. Might be clean, might be muddy and just might have spurs on them!

I have so many things I want to do to this kitchen but it has been one of the last rooms on the remodel list. I have done a few things like painting and changing out hardware on the cabinets and putting up all new light fixtures but I still have a long ways to go in this kitchen. Just to show how far it has come here are a couple of pictures from when we first bought the house.

1 comment:

Amber. said...

Hello!!! Stopping by from Kelly's Korner...just catching up on ALL of the amazing kitchens out there :) I LOVE your sink!! Would you be so kind as to share where you got it? It's so unique! Please let me know, thanks so much!!! -Amber

amberfly00@hotmail.com