May 8, 2009

Show Us Where You Live

Today is the living room. We actually have two living rooms in our house but one of them is just a big empty room right now. We have ideas for how we want to decorate the other room but we just don't have the funds to do it right now. For now, this is the living room we use as our main family room. It is small but super cozy!

This is the view coming from the kitchen. The door way you see leads to the hallway that leads to the rest of the house.

This fireplace is probably one of my favorite parts of our house. I am posting some pictures of this room from when we bought the house at the end of this post and you can see this fireplace has come a long way. I love the painted brick and my screen from Southern Living at Home. It has gas logs and I love, love, love being able to come home in the winter and just turning it on!
Going on around the room is the armoire that holds our TV. This is with the doors open. Of course the Golden Girls are on! I have a chair to fill the space to the left of the entertainment center but I haven't painted it or recovered the cushion. That is one of my next projects.
Here is a shot with the armoire doors closed. I love to be able to shut those doors when we have guest over and hide all the clutter that goes with having a TV.

This is standing in the corner between the fireplace and the armoire. Notice the cowboy hat...just one of the perks of living with a cattleman! The ottoman is one of my projects. It was an ugly old table I bought at a yard sale for $15. I added some paint and covered the top with batting and foam and some fabric and made a custom ottoman that fits our couch perfectly. The door on the left leads into our home office. It is one of the rooms that just got completed to make room for the baby nursery. The door on the right leads back into the kitchen.

This is the view standing in front of the door leading to the office and looking towards the entry into the kitchen.

Our recliner is absolutely the ugliest piece of furniture we own but my husband loves that thing. I want to get a new one but it is on the bottom of my priority list right now. The big white door leads into the laundry room. That whole wall with the door was not there when we bought the house. I hated the washer and dryer being in that small hole in the kitchen so we put up this wall and took a few feet away from the den to make a laundry room.

There are still a few things I would like to do in here. I want a new recliner of course and would love to have new curtains. One of the main things I want to do before the baby gets here is get a rug for our den. I have been searching and just haven't found one that I love yet.

Here are a few shots of the den before we moved in. It still amazes me what paint can do for a room!


No comments: